Battery life is always a hot topic with our customers whether it’s in regards to new phones being released or determining if it is worth it to have their cell phone’s battery replaced or if it’s time to purchase a new device. We see battery issues every single day in our business and we want to help you get the most out of your cell phone’s battery for as long as possible. So, today we are going to share with you our 5 pro-tips to extend your iPhone’s battery life.
5 Pro-Tips to Extend Your iPhone’s Battery Life
- LOW POWER MODE: Low power mode shuts down a variety of non-essential apps that are running in the background of your phone, including automatic downloads and background app refresh.
Settings –> Battery –> Low Power Mode
- GRAYSCALE MODE: Grayscale mode will switch your screen to black and white. It won’t give you a ton of battery life, but it will help you salvage what you have left.
Settings –> General –> Accessibility –> Display Accommodations –> Color Filters
- TURN OFF WIFI & BLUETOOTH: If you’re not already hooked up to wifi or Bluetooth, your iPhone will use a significant amount of energy trying to find a connection. Turn it off until you need to connect. This one is one of the most popular methods because it is one of the most effective if you used regularly.
Settings –> Wifi/Bluetooth
- TURN OFF LOCATION SERVICES: Location services uses GPS, wifi, and Bluetooth when it’s enabled. YIKES! Once you are where you need to be, disable location services and enjoy that nice battery life.
Settings –> Privacy –> Location Services
- BATTERY USAGE DATA: This will show you exactly how much battery life each app is using. With this information, you can make a decision on which apps you absolutely need and which ones you can trash or manage better.
Why should you try and preserve your battery life regularly, you ask? If you enjoy keeping your devices a little longer than the standard 24 months, it is vital that you are diligent in preserving your battery life because each time you charge your phone, you are taking a little bit of life from it. Your phone’s battery only has so many charges; once you have reached your limit, it will be time to replace the battery or purchase a new device.
So, what do you do when you have done our 5 pro-tips to extend your iPhone’s battery life, and your phone’s battery inevitably stops holding a charge? If you have noticed that your iPhone is soaking up the juice faster than before or that you have to charge your phone more frequently, it may be time to consider your options; replace your battery or purchase a new device.
Tips for Charging Your iPhone
- Do not use your phone while it’s being charged
- Try not to charge your phone until it reaches under 10% and do not unplug until it reaches 100%
- Use Apple charging cords
- Do not leave it constantly hooked up to a charger
If you live in the Greater Muskegon area, call us today at 231-788-2922 to have your iPhone’s battery replaced. And because we love our readers, enjoy a 15% discount when you mention this blog post 🙂